Join Study Group
Join Study Group
Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK)
The Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) is the collection of specified knowledge areas within the Business Analysis profession and strives
to reflect industry accepted best practices. The BABOK describes Business Analysis areas of knowledge, their associated activities and the tasks and
skills necessary to be effective in their execution.
Since the BABOK is a dynamic document and continues to grow and evolve, each release must be considered a move toward a more complete body
of knowledge. Additions will be made periodically based on feedback and changes to generally accepted practices. While specific business analysis
techniques may be referenced in the BABOK, the criteria for including information in the guide is driven from proven practices that are generally accepted
and widely applied. The BABOK is a professional knowledge reference for Business Analysis and provides the basis for the Certification of Competency
in Business AnalysisTM (CCBA®) and Certified Business Analysis ProfessionalTM (CBAP®) examinations. The current official version of the BABOK is version
2.0; this version should be used to study for the CBAP exam.
BABOK Study Group.
The Study Group will focus on the following objectives:
- Prepare for the certification exam by the study, analysis, and discussion of the BABOK
- Share and apply BA best practices
- Recognize the role of the Business Analyst in each of the BABOK Knowledge Areas
- Discuss how to apply the knowledge areas to current practices
The new study group series are typically held based on participant’s interests and needs. We are also considering a webinar based study group as well.
Study Group Governance
- Focus on self-directed Study Group
- One Volunteer/ Study Group member will co-ordinate the Study Group
- One Chapter PD Member will be the moderator for the Group
- One Knowledge Area will be assigned to one or two BAs as presenter(s)
- Each session will be of 1-2 hours.
- The session will be scheduled once in every two weeks and will be conducted through webinar or a preferred location decided by the Study Group members.
- The session will also include open discussion and practice examinations
- Participant will share experience with task and technique
- Blog / Forum will be provided for sharing of Study Group material
- Quizzes will be conducted for understanding and assessment purpose
- Feedback from participants will be captured on frequent basis for improvements
Study Group Prerequisites
- IIBA Membership
- Registration to IIBA New Delhi Chapter Study Group
New Delhi Study Group Registration (IIBA Community>Groups>New Delhi Study Group)
You need to have IIBA membership to join this Group